Saturday, May 07, 2005

A look, Yankees vs. Twins

Ok, to those of you who only know me through my blog this may come as a shock to you that I am a HUGE sports fan. I thought it would be fun to compare my Twins (17-11 2nd AL Central) and the overrated, overpaid New York Yankees (11-19 5th AL East). First lets start with the obvious, payroll, New York $205,938,439 (1st in MLB by nearly $80 million). Minnesota, $56,615,000 (20th in MLB). Johan Santana will be making $10 million starting in 2006, 10 Yankee players are making more than that this year!!! (I think you should read that again) The only player who might be worth more than that is Randy Johnson, and with the way he is playing this year he's not worth that much. In the end though I know it is only May 6th and this is the Yankees were talking about here. I will do periodic updates comparing the two clubs. It is fun comparing the overpaid to the underpaid.

No comments: