Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Harry Potter Phenomenon...

Ok everyone, this isn't a book review but just an observation I have had of the Harry Potter craze that has been going on in the world since like I was in 5th-6th grade. At first I was really against it, I'm not sure why I was just parroting other people. Then I came to realize something, this book is getting kids to read, I have not read a page of a book in the series and I probably never will, but I will not criticize it anymore because it's getting kids away from the TV. In the end, this is one of the few good things (possibly only good thing) that Pop Culture has to offer. Now if only they could stop shoving shitty music down our throats, oh well one step at a time. So to all you Harry Potter fans young and old go for it, and for God's sake don't listen to what Ratzinger/Benedict said a few years ago on it. He has no authority to tell you what to read. Me? I will stick to reading my conspiracy and right-wing books. Contradictory? maybe, entertaining and informative? You bet your ass.

5 comments:

Ben said...

thanks for the insight ZS, you might have created another fan.

tshsmom said...

Read them ALL, Ben. You need to lighten up and have some FUN once in a while. We don't want you to burn out at 18!

Ben said...

tshsmom, I do have fun, I play sports, I play my PS2 probably on average 2-3 hours a day, listen to hard ass rock music, and I hang out with friends and do normal teenager stuff. I don't doubt their good books it's just that I never have been and never will be attracted fantasy style books

The Zombieslayer said...

Paul - definitely not denying there are wackos on the Right as well. Those people need to get a life.

Ben said...

I agree ZS, I personally think Fawell & Co. are doing more harm than good to the conservative movement in this country.