Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Oscar results...

As you can tell by my predictions going in I thought Slumdog Millionaire would clean up and boy did it ever. Out of 10 nominations it won 8 and the two it didn't win for were minor technical awards, it scored (in order of importance) Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, Best Original Song, Best Film Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Sound Mixing, and it "lost" for Best Sound Editing and one other I can't find at the moment. Most importantly The Curious Case of Benjamin Button got nearly blanked. It only won Best Makeup (which was a given) and a minor Best Art Direction win, after that 0/11 thank freaking god. And for my predictions I got 12 out of the 22 categories I guessed on right. Not too bad for a first time predictor huh?

No comments: