Friday, March 27, 2009

Failblog and FML Friday Vol. 1...

Ok this is an idea I have been floating around for a couple weeks and I've decided to act on it, albeit in the last half hour of the day but I didn't want to wait another week to debut it. The origins of the idea are a combination of influences, most notably from my buds at Anti-Strib and their HCF (Hot Chick Friday) and the KAR uses and refrences to failblog. I knew about failblog before I started reading KAR but still I liked the idea of using it. The other site I found from a friend at college known as fmylife.com or simply FML. It's like shit you cannot (or can I guess) makeup. It's really embaressing or infuriating moments in peoples lives and its their place to vent. It's usually short and to the point. Some are light-hearted, some are dark, some are downright mean, and I'm pretty sure there's a few I've read that if true people could be in prison over or have gotten arrested at least. So without further adieu, Failblog and FML Friday...

mcfail.jpg

darwinawards.jpg

failagaincrane.jpg

This one you really can't make up, and validates my opinion of the UN
un_africa.jpg
This one shows technological (or light) usage, top is North Korea, bottom is South Korea.
northkoreafail.jpg
Tell me again how communists represent the people?

mouse-fail.jpg

Ok enough of Failblog, it will be back next week. Now onto F my life...

Today, I was packing my son's lunch and we ran out of water bottles. I asked my 16 years old to run to the store. She didnt want to but gave me one she had. After dropping my son off, my daughter frantically told me she made a mistake. I sent my second grader to school with a bottle of vodka. FML

Today, I received a GPS for my birthday. I decided to test it out by getting utterly lost as far into the country as I could on a little under half a tank of gas. I installed the GPS once out in the middle of nowhere in preparation for heading home. It needed batteries. FML

Today, my parents were helping me construct my bed. We ended up not having enough screws to properly secure the frame. My dad mentioned that it might cause problems if I got a girl into my bed. My mom said, "Don't worry about it, we all know that's not going to happen." FML

Today, I had my girlfriend over and we we're watching a movie in my basement. I run upstairs and pop a bag of popcorn. Later I come downstairs to find my 10 year old brother sitting next to my girlfriend saying," My brother always says he wants to screw your brains out, whatever that means". FML

Today, I found out that driving five miles an hour under the posted speed limit is "suspicious" and cause for a field sobriety test, breathalyzer, having your car searched and being handcuffed on the side of the road. FML

Well that wraps up volume 1 of Failbog/FML friday, check back next friday for volume 2!

No comments: