Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Michael Savage, my hero

Ok, for those of you who don't know Michael Savage (the #3 most listened to talk radio show host in the country, probably going to be #2 or #1 soon thanks to this) has been BANNED from entering the UK. Yes you read that right. Before I get into this scary Brave New World/Orwellian/Thought Control shit let me give you a background about how I came to know about Michael Savage. I believe I was watching MSNBC one day (back when it still had some credibility) I think in like 2002 before the midterm elections.
I had what some called 'extreme views' on things, like for example saying that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary (another topic for another day) for the US to continue to be safe. I didn't want to negociate or understand the terrorists, I wanted them fucking dead. In fact my first reaction when I got home on 9/11 was nuke Mecca nuke the middle east and kill every terrorist and terrorist supporting nation or person, I thought (and still basically do) that for every one of ours they kill we kill 10,100,1000,even 10,000 of them. Keep in mind I had just turned 15 and had very limited knowledge about foreign affairs but I had heard of Osama Bin Laden before.
Back to my point, I started watching this guy and basically said to myself, "holy shit, someone out there that is very smart has my similar views, I'm NOT a nut after all." Since then I have read his last 4 best selling books and think that outside of maybe crazy Glenn Beck the most credible voice on the radio and the fact he has been blacklisted by EVEN FOX NEWS because they don't want to take the heat from the psycho liberal groups by giving him any airtime.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the fucking Thought Police in the United Crecent I mean Kingdom has banned Savage from entering the country. There was a saying back in the 1960's liberals have that said, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Liberals today hide under the very dangerous 'hate speech' that is the #1 threat to the 1st amendment today. As Savage said earlier the whole point of the 1st amendment is to protect OFFENSIVE speech not NICE speech. To put a twist on a old holocaust quote,
"First they came for the skinhead neo-Nazi's and said nothing because I was not a skinhead neo-Nazi. Then they came for the KKK and I said nothing because I was not a member of the KKK. Then they came for the right-wing militia's and I said nothing because I wasn't a right-wing militia member. Then they came for the members of fringe right wing 3rd parties and I said nothing because I wasn't a member of those parties. Then they came for me and there was no one left to stand up and defend me."

Don't think it can't happen here? It can, just look at what's left of Europe...

No comments: