Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ted Kennedy...

I have struggled with how I should express my personal view of this man on my blog ever since I heard of his death on the BBC at about 1230am on tuesday morning (one of the reasons I didn't post yesterday was because I wanted to see how other MOB memebers would react) and I've decided to come out in a way that may surprise some of you; entirely neutral. He's dead, I honestly don't care and the media sideshow that will result from this is going to probably be worse than it was for Princess Di and Michael Jackson because this guy was a politician. To be fair I felt about the same when Reagan died (I was 2 when he left office, get over it). So he was part of the Kennedy clan, so what? He wouldn't have even been elected senator in 1962 if his older brother(s) weren't President and AG. He killed a woman. He served in the Senate 47 years and was the epitome of what is wrong with politics in this country. He got elected because of his name, not his merit (and the fact his older brothers were assassinated). I think its safe to say only the good die young because I would like to believe JFK and RFK would be embaressed at the way he conducted his political career. Ted Kennedy is dead. You will NEVER see his name mentioned on this blog again.

No comments: