Monday, September 14, 2009

Helping the pro-life movement?...

Today as I got off my bus to go to Coffman Union I stopped and was semi-surprised at what I saw. A bunch of pictures of aborted babies/fetuses/human tissue (depending on your views). It was pretty gruesome. I had an idea of what it was because I took a class in high school about this. The difference is now I am much more prolife (on a scale of 0-100, with 0 being planned parenthood and 100 being the people out there handing out fliers, I'm a 60-70) than I was the. With that being said I still think that there is a much more tasteful and better way to convert people. Leaving the irony aside that I was converted into a more pro-life position by one of the "crazies" I say this because even being pro-choice early on I could see where the pro-lifers are coming from. My question is to any of my readers out there is how can I help this movement while still maintaining some decorum of discourse. I gaurntee it will get ugly this afternoon, in fact, inbetween my classes I will be observing them to see how they handle the psycho-lefties on campus. Maybe I'll get some ideas and maybe I will have to break up fistfights. I really don't know. They have a silent supporter in me but I still wish they could handle themselves with a little more dignity because they are probably doing more damage to the pro-life movement in the long run.

No comments: