Monday, March 22, 2010

Everyone get a grip...

For basically the last 24 hours I have went through a range of emotions, including a not so well advised lashing out at anti-israeli protesters on campus (let's just say they caught me on the wrong day) but if anything my life experience has taught me that since I had a mental meltdown about 5 years ago, is that I have the unusual ability to step back and collect my thoughts and rationalize what is happening after a "disaster". This was key for me when Obama got elected in 2008 and last night with the health care vote, of course part of this was due to the fact I had prepared myself for it happening since it did look likely. But I see facebook status' of my friends that really fucking annoy me. This is not "the end of our republic" or the "end of democracy" or the constitution if it was that dire believe me I would be out there in the streets doing whatever I needed to save this constitution and republic. But folks it isn't over. There are elections coming in 7 1/2 months and more importantly there are chances for you to still give your "representative" of Congress or the Senate an earful if they voted for it and words of encouragement if they were brave enough to stand up against it. There is time to protest on April 15th, July 4th, Sept. 12th, and hell any day you want to take a sign out saying that this is not what you want or how you want this country run. It is NOT OVER PEOPLE. If you really believe this is it for our country and there is no hope left get the fuck out of here and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Leave or stand for and fight for the ideals that made this country great. Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, the ability to succeed or fail, the ability to say almost anything you want to no matter how stupid or offensive it may be, the ability to be generally free which, despite what those out there may say, is still true. Buck up people, we have some ass-kicking to do and now is not the time for defeatists or crybabys. Stand up and BE HEARD! This is a once in a generation chance to crush the progressives and make their party that they have taken over as relevant as the whigs are in today's politics. Get out there folks and reclaim our American Exceptionalism!

No comments: