Thursday, June 10, 2010

SOTW #13 Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare (Lyric Video)

Very rarely does a song come along that absolutely defines a band (at least in my opinion) and it helps me know who I have similar music tastes as. There hasn't been a group defining song this hardcore since Seether's song Remedy back in 2005. Last year I found Cage The Elephant's song "Ain't no rest for the wicked' good but not like this. This is the music I LOVE. It is a fine line between thrash metal and hard rock. Basically an inbetween of Slayer (without the solos that go on for 3 minutes) and Metallica (who I classify as hard rock, not metal, it's a debate I'm willing to have if anyone cares). This album doesn't even drop until July 27th but this song is just too kick-ass to not be put on. And once the music video is released I'll probably put it up again. Anyway enough of me talking enjoy the music, and FYI if you are at work please put the headphones on, they do drop the f-bomb about half a dozen times in this song.

No comments: