Saturday, August 07, 2010

Torii Hunter meltdown...

It almost pains me to post this because I liked (and still like) Torii. He is usually a class act.

The video above here doesn't show the entire picture of what led up to this though. Strike 1 was up and in and Hunter looked back and him and the ump traded words. I watched this on Baseball Tonight last night and after that pitch you knew there was going to be a problem. And as the announcers said the ump must have said something back to him because this staredown was George Brett like. He "bumped" him with the bill of his batting helmet and is suspended 4 games (I thought it would be 7, and he would have deserved it). He isn't appealing it though and I give him credit for that because he know he was in the wrong even if the ump said something to him. I hope MLB does investigate this and find out if the umpire was in the wrong in this too. With a showdown this bad, it always takes two to tango.

No comments: