Thursday, March 17, 2011

conservatives are better than liberals, facts...

I got into a debate the other week that turned race related and I just wanted to address this on my blog for the record. I am a generally happy person, I love my life and where I am currently. I am employed at a great "fast food" (Jimmy Johns)
restaurant where I work 5-6 days a week. I currently am about one year short of a Bachelors of Arts degree at the U of M with a double major in political science and history but I am in no rush to get back. I want to possibly move up the corporate ladder by working my ass off, you know the old-fashioned way. I do not expect the world to hand me things on a fucking silver platter but I know being involved in politics and such that its not how MUCH you know but really WHO you know. And I know some relatively powerful people who I have built up a nice stack of IOU's for the future and I have to decide when to cash them in. Is this fair how the world works? Hell no, but I already knew that. Shit I knew that at 14 when one of my classmates asked and I quote, "My dad makes $100,000 a year, thats not that much is it?". Yeah I went to private school to get a good education but in some ways I wish I had went to a public school to get a real world education. Because the world doesn't operate the way it does at OLG or Benilde-St.Margarets. It operates like it does at Normandale Community College (which I did graduate from, I do have an AA degree) and to a lesser extent, the University of Minnesota. I have started to question the validity of a college degree and I'm not the only one, everyone should not go to college, some people aren't cut out for the work. EVERYONE though should AT LEAST go to a trade school. My upper-class friends may not know this but you know a plumber/carpenter/car mechanic and other skilled "blue-collar" jobs can earn you a lot of money. You can make very good money (and im talking like 100K, 200K and above) doing those jobs. The jobs that college "prepares" you for, 40-70K usually at most. And were running out of skilled labor jobs because my generation thinks it's "beneath" them to do those jobs. But would you rather be a lawyer making 45K a year paying of law school/college loans for 15 years or a carpenter making 80K a year right out of school? Note to my generation, the world has ENOUGH lawyers. But I digress, that was a bit of a tangent, but my point still stands that I am happy with my life and in 5-10 years hope to have a nice job, a wife, and hopefully (at least) a few kids. Thats all I need to be happy, and people don't control my happiness I do. The saying "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you deal with it" is so true. I was bored with college so I mailed it in last semester and "quit". I'm now working a minimum wage job 25-30 hours a week and frankly I'm happier than I ever was at school. I busted my ass for a month to get a $7.25 an hour job and it was so worth it. But back to my point, studies have shown that conservatives/tea-partiers are... better informed, better educated and more successful at life, are generally happier, more generous and even better in the sack than big-government advocates, liberals, progressives and any followers of the -ism (environmentalism, feminism, activism in general)

But this pales in comparison to the main point I wanted to make, that we as conservatives are, are NOT RACIST. not only are we not racist but a whole lot less than the left. To anyone who is on the right this is no surprise, to those on the left, this has to be devastating. From SITD...

social scientists usually measure traditional racism against African Americans by looking at the survey responses of white Americans only. Among whites in the latest General Social Survey (2008), only 4.5% of small-government advocates express the view that “most Blacks/African-Americans have less in-born ability to learn,” compared to 12.3% of those who favor bigger government or take a middle position expressing this racist view (Figure 2). We social scientists sometimes like to express things in relative odds, especially for small percentages. Here the odds of small government whites not expressing racist views (21-to-1 odds) is three times higher than the odds of big-government whites not being racist (7-to-1 odds).

…but that we long-abused white male small-government are, empirically, the least-racist subgroup of all, by a whopping margin:

Figure 3 shows that, among whites, Republican advocates of smaller government are even less racist (1.3% believing that blacks have less in-born ability) than the rest of the general public (11.3% expressing racist views). Thus, in 2008 Republicans who believe that the government in Washington does too much have 10 times higher odds of not expressing racist views on the in-born ability question than the rest of the population (79-to-1 odds v. 7.9-to-1 odds).
How social conservatives who aren’t necessarily small-government – stereotypically southern? Yep – still half as likely to be a racist as a typical American:



In 2008, only 5.4% of white conservative Republicans expressed racist views on the in-born ability question, compared to 10.3% of the rest of the white population.


An aberration – perhaps caused by all that messianic hopey-changey twaddle?
Nope:


Quite clearly, the legacy of Nixon’s “southern strategy” – which was never especially racist in its own right – is long dead.

The Dems’ “racism of low expectations” is, in fact, just racism.

Maybe we need some sort of outreach program to, I dunno, judge people by the contents of their hearts rather than the color of their skin.

Bite me libs, turns out the reason you call us racist so much is not because its true but you are projecting your deep-seeded racism!

No comments: