Sunday, April 03, 2005

thoughts on Pope John Paul II

Well, after hearing the sad news that the Pope had moved on to his afterlife I saw all the people crying on TV and to be honest I just couldn't. I mean it's depressing obviously but this guy accomplished so much in 26 1/2 years as pope it's hard to cry because he lived his life so well. I may not have agreed with his stance on a lot of issues but this guy deserves everyone's respect. I mean when you get the anti-religion Chinese government come out and wish him the best when he was still hanging in there, that shows you how much he accomplished. Without him communism would still probably be around. I have the upmost respect for the pope and it will be very hard for the next guy coming in. He has some big shoes to fill. I will do another update or two on this to gauge reactions at my Catholic high school.

No comments: