Monday, August 22, 2005

you know what pisses me off...

Picture time to start off then the rant.




















This is just reason #98364 why I hate unions with a passion. They were good and necessary early on, but like many things they have outlived their usefulness (see Social Security, 1% *^&#& return over 30 years?!?!). Now with that said I belong to a union because my job requires it, I have no say in the matter. And the shits take $16 out of my paycheck every month. I am searching for another job if soley for that reason I have to belong to a union otherwise I can't work. Ugh, in the words of foamy "Go fuck yourselves with a fucking loaf of bread" seriously I don't want to be a part of a union, I AM FORCED TO. Funny thing, dems support choice, but not when it comes to financial matters.
Back to this idiotic strike. The mechanics union not only walked out, but they are being replaced! They were hoping for a sympathy strike so NWA would really feel it but because they are more "skilled" than the other groups (baggage claimers, ticket counter workers, etc) they broke off and formed their own union. Then after pissing on their "co-workers" they asked them to join them at the 11th hour and those unions basically said "fuck you". And I'd agree with them. The NWA mechanics would rather strike and loose their jobs (which will probably happen) than agree to take a paycut because NWA cannot support the current contract with their financial situation (they're losing $4 million A DAY). This on top of the fact that the AFL-CIO is basically on the verge of being extinct. The unions are in their last death throws, and I for one say this day is long overdue. Too bad their such big supporters of the Democratic Party, their going to loose a lot of financial support, so sad... NOT! :)

2 comments:

tshsmom said...

Maybe we should unionize spammers? Then they could ALL go down the tubes together!

Ben said...

yea, no shit tshsmom, I've got to do something about this. This is retarded.