Tuesday, January 03, 2006

movie reviews...

After a couple week layoff I'm back, and I am going to review 3 movies that I have seen over the past couple weeks.

King Kong was a very well done movie, a little bit on the long side though. In the end it did tell a good story and I would give it a 8/10

Fun with Dick and Jane is a comedy all the way and Alec Baldwin does a great job playing the slimy CEO of a bankrupt company who actually does get what's coming to him in the end. The movie isn't as funny as I thought it would be so I would give it a 7/10

Walk the Line is the story about Johnny Cash and they do a great job showing all of his ups and downs. From his brother being killed when he was young to him finally making it to his addiction of painkillers and finally getting to marry the woman he loves at the very end. This movie gets a 9/10 and will probably win a few Oscars in a couple months.

2 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I want to see Walk The Line. Looks pretty cool.

I thought King Kong was okay. I liked it when seeing it, but thought it dragged and they could have cut a half hour out of it.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm old, but add Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Tom Petty, Cream, Van Halen, Steely Dan, Traffic, Bowie, Queen, Yardbirds, the blues and jazz based rock n roll, it is the BEST