Saturday, February 09, 2008

McCain's voting record...

As I see fit I will show everyone how John McCain is not only right on social issues, but personal rights and foreign policy. All of these are just highlights, if you want to view this for yoursself go here

Gun Control

2006 Senator McCain supported the interests of the Gun Owners of America 100 percent in 2006.

2004 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2004, the National Rifle Association assigned Senator McCain a grade of C+ (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F). (Not perfect but better than anyone still in the running)

actually if you look all the way through there will be some things you will like and some you will dislike about him. This is why he is such a great candidate against Hillary or Obama, he doesn't owe anyone anything. Yes his immigration policy could be better but he can't do everything he wants to.

4 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

My main 2 issues are gun rights and illegal immigration. McCain has gotten Fs before from the GOA, so that really worries me and he's soft on illegal immigration. Of course Hillary and Obama will be bad on both issues, so I'll probably end up voting 3rd party again.

It's really a shame because we had Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, and Ron Paul all running for the Republican nomination, all 3 of whom I liked.

Ben said...

ZS I understand where your coming from, out of those 3 I liked Duncan Hunter the best. Apparently both he and Paul are going to have trouble getting re-elected to congress. I can't say I blame you on voting third party just as long as you don't go to Billery or Obama.

The Zombieslayer said...

No, there's no way I'm going for Obama or Hillary.

Obama said that those worried about illegal immigration were "scapegoating." That's 3 strikes right there.

And Hillary called Lou Dobbs "racist." As you probably know, Lou Dobbs is one of my heroes. So that's 3 strikes against Hillary.

I really liked Duncan Hunter, but the reason I liked Paul so much is he got an A+ from Gun Owners of America. You know how hard it is to get that? Plus he's heavily into States Rights. I think the Federal gov't has gotten way too big.

The Zombieslayer said...

Oh, forgot to mention, I hope your glad about Adrian Peterson. That kid's got talent. I was really bummed when he went down against us that one game. I was really worried and am glad he came back. I felt bad that it was us who injured him. He's one of my favorite players to watch.

I'm weird for a Packer fan because when the Packers aren't on, I end up rooting for the other NFC Central teams. I don't want to see the Packers win the division by you guys losing. I want to see us winning it by earning it. And watching the other NFC Central teams twice a year, I can't help liking certain players.