Thursday, February 07, 2008

Townhall meeting....

God, I am getting really annoyed with this McCain hatred in the party. I think the guy gets a bad rap, I defended the man for about 90 minutes against a bunch of Romneyacs. I hope to be able to convince them that he is better than Obama or Clinton and some are doing a suicide/protest vote for a third party. I hope to be able to talk to you ZS about McCain, he is very good on the free speech (McCain-Fiengold isn't as bad as everyone says it is) and most importantly the 2nd amendment. We need someone like him in office now to deal with Iraq (were not getting out of there anytime soon, no matter what your stance is/was you need to realize that much) and if, God forbid, we are attacked again he will know what to do with the situation. I welcome responses to this and any challeges to McCain. I will defend him forever.

2 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I commented on the more recent thread on McCain.

The original problem I had going into Iraq was that I wanted Osama bin Laden and his cronies killed. Every single one of them. But like the game of Risk, you have to fight one war at a time. History time and time again proved that fighting two wars at once is overload.

It's very taxing to our resources and manpower. Right now, our economy is stretched. We have a huge deficit because of it.

Osama bin Laden is either in Afghanistan or Pakistan. One or the other. We should have captured (and tried and executed) him and all his cronies first, then gone after Saddam next.

My views on the Iraq War are pretty much exactly like Michael Savage. I frankly don't give a d*** about the Iraqi people. I care about the American people. I don't care about their freedoms or their lives.

I don't want to see Americans die for a war when we should be going after Osama bin Laden. I want every single one of those people killed for what they did on 9/11. If we had gone all out in that war from the beginning, bin Laden would be dead by now.

Ben said...

I see where your coming from man. Problem is that if we go into Pakistan we risk pissing Musharraf off and destablize the country even further, while I normally wouldn't care about that they have nukes. If a regime similar to the Iranian one rises to power, were f-u-c-k-e-d in the region.