Monday, March 01, 2010

Its going to be a LONG state convention...

Back in 2002 the endorsement for governor went for 16 days and went to 389 ballots (I have no idea how they did it, I wasn't paying attention back then) and since you need 60% of the present delegates (or total I am actually not sure) here is how they stack up thanks to MDE

Below you will find two separate counts based on some conflicting reports. This information has 69 of the 79 conventions. A total of 1256 delegates have been identified so far.
(note: my SD41 convention is this saturday, I am slated to be a delegate to the state convention if anyone care, I plan to live blog both hopefully)

Updated 2/28 9:15PM

Count 1 -

Seifert – 583 (46.41%)

Emmer – 559 (44.50%)

Undecided – 114 (9.07%)

Oh joy so no matter what, even if all undecideds go to either its still not enough for a supermajority. Which means minds are going to have to be changed and delegates are going to have to flip. For the full list breakdown check out MDE on this link. Now for the second count, I don't know if its more accurate but it's "updated" (whatever the hell that means)

Seifert – 554 (44.1%)

Emmer – 594 (47.3%)

Undecided – 108 (8.6%)

If this is right it is very exciting because it shows Emmer in the lead and assuming all undecideds swing his way (wishful thinking I know) it would put him at 701 (55.8%) and in striking distance of the magic 60. Updates to come

No comments: