Sunday, February 17, 2008

movie review...

I do movie reviews from time to time and on the weekends I will review books, movies, even the occasional TV show because I tire of hard news and this blog should have some fun to it.

Jumper, a very well done movie with amazing special effects that do what is almost impossible in today's movies. They don't overshadow the movie, they blend in perfect with the plot and story. Samuel L Jackson and Hayden Christensen do a great job with this movie and it is fun and fast paced. It is witty and clever at times too. But like most good movies today it cops out at the end with the lame-ass traditional happy ending, I was hoping for more. This is a great popcorn movie but you leave the theater saying, "Man that was a good movie, but it could have been SO much better." That is what is stuck in my mind about this movie. I give it a 7/10 because of the acting and special effects. If your looking to be entertained and have a few laughs this is a great movie, if your looking for anything deeper you will be sorely disappointed.

3 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I could be unpretentious sometimes and watch a movie for entertainment's sake, so I'll probably do that with Jumper.

Definitely do more reviews.

Ben said...

Thanks ZS, and I for sure will. I'm currently unemployed (for now) so money is kinda tight.

Anonymous said...

Jumper, a very well done movie with amazing special effects that do what is almost impossible in today's movies. They don't overshadow the movie, they blend in perfect with the plot and story.

Jesus. How's the ESL class going?

And what a surprise that you're unemployed.